Why Study in Canada?
A huge number of collective courses with practical approach makes Canada a good destination to study abroad. The foremost goal of the Canadian Education System is to make students successful in every aspect of life.
International Students holding a Canadian degree can work across the globe in highly reputable sectors. Many diplomae, degree programs are available for students from different countries in Canadian academic institutes.
International students can continue Education in Canada’s top Universities because of the reasonable fee structure as compared to other nations. Canadian degrees are well-reputed. Students can also work while studying to get the benefit of certain Internship opportunities. Moreover, there is a huge number of benefits of studying in Canada.
- Multicultural Society: Canada provides a multicultural environment to International students. Students from different parts of the world are studying in Canadian Institutes so it is the main attraction of Canadian Institutes. Toronto and Ontario are declared as the best International cities by Fortune Magazine.
- Canadian Lifestyle: Canada is the best residential area in the world according to a UN survey. Canada is ranked as number one for the past 9 consecutive years. Canada gets a high score because of its high-quality Education System, less crime rate, less violence, reasonable living cost etc.
- Work Opportunities: Students can work part-time in Canada during their academic course by which they can be able to pay their daily expenses. The maximum duration of part-time work is 20 hours/week. Where students who have opted for co-op program can work full time.
- Living Standard: International students usually get fascinated by the living style of Canadians because they have one of the highest living standards. Major cities of Canada have a variety of shopping centres, art centres, restaurants, Colleges, Universities etc. Moreover, the post-secondary campuses of Canada are wired with the latest in sophisticated technology.
- Reasonable Expenses: The inflation rate of Canada is very low as compared to industrial countries, in the past three years. Tuition fees for foreign students in Canada are much lower than their counterparts in competing countries. Moreover, the educational quality of Canadian Institutes is excellent at very affordable fees. So, admissions in Canadian Institutes are more competitive for Students from different nations.
How to Apply Canadian Study Visa
Students must have a Canadian Study Permit in order to Study in Canada. The application can be applied Online or through a paper application. This paper application can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. But it is recommendable to check the processing time in advance as Paper Applications typically take about twice as long
Here is the process for obtaining a Canadian Student Visa:
- Check the processing time: The procedure of visa application usually takes 3-4 weeks. So, students must go through the Canadian consulate website to know the approximate time required for the process of a student visa. Always remember, the time shown on the website is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
- Determine your way to apply: There are two ways to apply for Student Visa.
- Online: Student must have access to a scanner or camera to generate a copy of your documents for uploading and a valid credit card for fee payment for applying for Visa online.
- In-person: Download the application form after reading the instructions carefully. Complete your application form with the help of these instructions.
- Consent Form: Fill in a consent form to get the full assistance Visa Filing Process. You can get the help of consultants for this process.
- Pay Processing Fee: Visa fees in addition to embassy charges must be paid to complete the application process. This processing fee is non-refundable. Moreover, if your spouse/common-law partner/children are accompanying you on your temporary visa, then appropriate processing fees must be paid for them.
- Submit your application: After processing the fee, submission of the application form is a must. Students will receive a receipt containing the unique tracking number.
- Final Call: After successful approval of your visa application, candidates will receive a notification requesting a passport from the Canadian Government. Students should not worry about their visa process, Pyramid provides proper guidance about the application process.
Work while Study in Canada
International Students have the opportunity of working in Canada during their study. By this, they can earn enough to pay their daily expenses. Permission of working hours is different according to the type of course. Usually, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the course and can work full time during vacations. There is an ample number of Colleges and Universities which offer Co-op/internship programs to the students. Canada offers many work permit programs to International Students, their spouses or common-law partners.
- Working off-campus: Students have permission to work while studying for 20 hours a week during academic sessions. They are allowed to work full time in their scheduled breaks.
- Co-op/ internships: These programs are available for such International students, for whom intended employment is an essential part of their study program, as certified by their Canadian academic institution.
- On-campus work opportunities: Students having valid study permits are eligible to work on-campus at Canadian institutions.